Monday, October 26, 2009

Catching the High Speeds on the Run

Though, I had seen the videos of Mumbai-Howrah Duranto on the inaugural run by the various members. I wanted to catch the live action on the run.My best bet would have been to leave office early and station myself at Kurla or Kopar on CR as Deccan Queen is always found to be running at high speeds at these locations.Since i could not leave office before 16:30, my hopes of reaching CSTM to catch a local to Kopar or Kurla were dashed.So i decided to see it running parallel to my local. I intentionally boarded the 17:00 hrs slow local to Thane from CSTM and sat facing the fast lines towards CSTM.

The Ambarnath 17:00 fast as well as Thane 17:00 slow left from adjacent platforms 4 and 5 at the same time. We had a decent parallel run till Masjid, when Ambarnath finally went ahead. I was calculating the time it will take the Deccan queen and Duranto to cross my slow local. Finally, between Sion and Matunga, DQ sped away with its customary WCAM3. It was a real treat to the eyes as usual. Now, I was anxiously waiting for the Duranto. My only prayer was that my slow local doesnt get hidden behind any UP running slow local at Kurla as i was expecting the overtake on the run anytime. Finally, my slow local left Kurla with a good acceleration and Duranto appeared on the Down slow tracks. It was again with WCAM3 and was crossing Kurla at 17:30 covering CST-Kurla in flat 15 minutes. The unusual livery caught the attention of many commuters in my train. Now they knew, why i had occupied an oppposite seat and was continously scroching through the
windows towards trhe fast tracks.

It was mission accomplished for me and finally got down at Thane at 18:00 as my local had to stop for 2 red signals between Mulund and Thane. Crossed over from Platform no 3 to Platform no 5 at catch a fast local to Dombivili.

To my surprise, 18: 05 Badlapur which leaves CSTM at 17:24 was before time, it arrived at 18:03. That means Durnato might have affected the schedule of train like 17:16 Asangaon fast and 17:20 Kalyan Semifast from CSTM and 17:25 Kalyan Fast from DR, but it was well recovered as 17:24 Badlapur arrived before time. Thus, once in a week Duranto should not be a bother for Mumbai Suburban commuters as we in CR are habitauated to train running late by 3-5 minutes. The new MRVC locals have ensured that most of the times trains do catch up with the clock during its run, inspite of leaving late form the starting station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be really happy to read from you...