Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 days, 2 unusual controlling of EMUs

I am a regular commuter of the last fast of the day 23:18 Ambarnath from CSTM. Since the past 2 weeks, the DC rake has been replaced by an MRVC rake. The 0111 Konkankanya Express which departs CSTM at 23:05 halts at Platform No 5 at Dadar and Platform No 7 at Thane. The fast EMU normally overtakes 0111 at Thane or Dadar. On few days, when 0111 is already ready to depart from Platform no 7 at Thane, the fast EMU is diverted on the slow track from Thane, taking the longer route and running on the slow lines right uptil Kalyan as there is no traffic on slow lines at that point of time. Most of these runs are interesting as even though our EMU is put on the longer slow track, we are still the first ones to reach Diva outer as 0111 takes time to negotiate the turnouts out of Thane with its customary 24 coaches.

On 10th August, starter was given for 0111 and simulatenously we were put on the slow track, so I was expecting to catch parallel action at Diva outer, but we were in for a surprise. As we approached Diva outer we were switched back onto the fast track and 0111 was still untraceable. I am sure that 0111 had not gone ahead as we were very fast between Kalva and Mumbra with the MRVC rake. I am sure there was no block on the slow track as I waited at Dombivli to see if slow tracks indeed have trains coming from CSTM side. Indeed there were slow down locals arriving on Down Slow platforms.


On 12th August, the 11:58 Fast from DI to CSTM was delayed by more than 35 minutes.Even I was running late and missed the DI starting 11:59 slow local to CST. Hence I decided to take chance and boarded 12:13 Slow local to Thane. After travelling comfortably for 22 minutes I got down at Thane and decided to catch the next fast train coming on Platform no 6. While we were reaching Thane, I had seen Chennai- Mumbai departing from Thane. Luckily, by the time I changed platforms, the same fast local arrived, relatively empty as the regular commuters might have ditched it for the day after listening to the delay announced by PAS. As it was raining, the window seat was empty and I made it my own after wiping the seat clean. As we were trailing Chennai-Mumbai, I was expecting a slow down after Matunga or possibly a wait at Dadar Outer. Surprisingly, we were put on Platform no 5(loop) as Chennai-Mumbai was berthed on through Platform no 6. We also overtook it.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe.. it's interesting to see how MRVC rakes have literally changed the definition of commuter trains. They have changed the way Mumbaikars commute. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again








    Training on CSTM

    ReplyDelete

I would be really happy to read from you...